IN GOD WE STAND
St Joseph’s Numurkah is passionate about education inspired by the vision and ideals of Mary MacKillop
At St Joseph’s we believe…
- In “Never seeing a need without doing something about it” (Mary MacKillop)
- In providing a culture rich in Catholic Tradition and faith where children will be inspired to live the Gospel Values of Jesus
- In offering relevant curriculum that engages all children and challenges them to reach their full potential.
- That our School Community nurtures the development of the whole child
- Our School is built on respect and an appreciation of individual differences
Because we believe firmly in our Vision Statements we are committed to:
– Celebrating the life and story of Mary MacKillop.
- Ensuring that we identify needs and support our families and children.
- Reaffirming the values of Mary MacKillop by providing an annual award on her feast day.
– Celebrating the life and values of Jesus through the Gospel.
- Implementing our Religious Education Program – Source of Life.
- Offering opportunities for staff, student and family faith development.
- Being a staff that are living examples of the Gospel Values of Jesus.
- Bringing to life Catholic Tradition through experience of Parish, Church, Sacrament and Prayer.
– Implementing a challenging, creative, supportive curriculum and approach that caters for all students.
- Improving our teaching and learning through ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing planning, preparation, organisation, appraisal and assessment.
- Providing the best learning facilities and resources possible.
– Providing programs and support that meet the individual needs of all students (social, emotional, educational, psychological, spiritual, physical and behavioural).
– Working to ensure an environment of mutual respect between all school community members.
- Upholding the value that each school community member has needs, rights and responsibilities.
- Providing clear expectations of behaviour and treatment of others.
- Implementing a social skills and behaviour management program.
- Continuing to develop a culture where individual differences are accepted and opportunities are provided for all to reach their full potential.
- Celebrating the achievements of students and their talents.